Financial Capital Performance
Black Box Intelligence is the leading source of private and public company data currently serving the restaurant industry with metrics covering revenue, traffic and consumer data. We provide weekly interactive reports with drill-down capability with industry benchmarks based on the latest operational results.
What is Black Box?
Black Box Intelligence is the only source of private and public company data currently serving the restaurant industry with metrics covering revenue, expense and consumer data. We provide weekly interactive reports with drill-down capability with industry benchmarks based on the latest operational results.
This monthly update is regarded as the restaurant industry standard in sales and traffic performance. The snapshot is a compilation of real sales and traffic results from 30,000 restaurant units and 170 restaurant brands. Regularly featured in Nation’s Restaurant News and other industry publications, the snapshot also includes industry workforce trends from People Report.
Is It Me or the Market?
Clear, concise, actionable insights show you where your business shines or stumbles and whether the issue is really you. Walk into presentations, board meetings and team conversations knowing what exactly top quartile performance is and how you stack up.
Securing your trust
We take the security and confidentiality of our members’ data seriously. We are SSAE 16 certified and undergo annual reviews by external auditors. That’s why 170 companies trust us with their confidential data and we take every prudent step to insure the security of your information.
With data collected from 30,000 restaurant units, tracking of 170 brands and over $69 billion in sales and benchmarking across 11 regions, 50 states and 195 DMAs, you can be sure that your insights are based on a thorough understanding of what’s happening right now in your industry.
- Restaurant IntelligenceA monthly commentary released by BBI in order to share observations and in depth analysis to member companies only. This commentary is published in easy to follow charts and graphs, with insight into the BBI dataset, as well as observations shared using data from sister companies.
- Segment IntelligenceMonthly update on Black Box Intelligence operational benchmarks for your specific restaurant segment. Metrics include comp sales, traffic, check growth, food sales and beverage sales. Benchmarks are presented for monthly, quarterly and year over year time periods and include regional trend analysis. Available segments: quick service, fast casual, family dining, casual dining, upscale casual and fine dining.
- Weekly Sales IntelligenceThis weekly raw data file makes it easy for your team to sort and filter your data to identify crucial performance information down to the DMA. This is especially useful for internal reporting. For example, Regional Managers can create sales by region or pull it into internal BI databases to consolidate data.
- BBI Targeted Competitor ReportCustomized analysis and reporting for companies looking to benchmark sales and traffic against a targeted set of their direct competitors. Weekly targeted results include reporting by week, month quarter and year, with a variety of sales and traffic metrics.
- Market Share & Industry Growth ReportThe Market Share Report takes data from Black Box Intelligence member companies and combines it with data from 30+ large publicly held restaurant companies. This report represents the largest data set available for the restaurant industry, covering over 170 brands and 125,000 individual restaurant locations. Companies subscribing to this product get the invaluable insight of knowing their own sales market share compared to the overall industry as well as their own specific industry segment. This report also complements the rest of the BBI suite by reflecting the impact of new restaurant locations being opened and closed on the total sales growth of the industry. Market share, total sales growth, unit growth and average weekly sales are included and shown at the national, regional and state level, as well as for over 200 individual DMAs.